An Analytical Approach to SINR Estimation in Adjacent Rectangular Cells
Signal-to-interference-plus-noise ratio (SINR) experienced by a mobile user is the key metric determining the throughput it receives over a certain wireless technology of interest. In this paper, we propose an analytical model for SINR estimation in rectangular-shaped cells for cases when noise can be considered negligible. This scenario is common for offices, shopping malls, dormitories, etc. We address uplink and downlink communications showing that in both cases the integral expressions can be derived. Various extensions to the proposed model are discussed. We also elaborate on the numerical results highlighting the important dependencies for the chosen scenario.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Vinel, A., Vishnevsky, V., Koucheryavy, Y.: A simple analytical model for the periodic broadcasting in vehicular ad-hoc networks. In: IEEE GLOBECOM Workshops, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Rappaport, T.S., et al.: Wireless communications: principles and practice, vol. 2. Prentice Hall PTR, New Jersey (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Andreev, S., Koucheryavy, Y., Himayat, N., Gonchukov, P., Turlikov, A.: Active-mode power optimization in OFDMA-based wireless networks. In: IEEE GLOBECOM Workshops (GC Wkshps), pp. 799–803. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Goldsmith, A.: Wireless communications. Cambridge University Press (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.3GPP, 3rd Generation Partnership Project; Technical Specification Group Radio Access Networks; Radio Frequency (RF) system scenarios (Release 9). Technical Report 25.942 v9.0.0, 12–2009Google Scholar
- 10.Gaidamaka, Y.V., Samouylov, A.K.: Method for calculating numerical characteristics of two devices interference for device-to-device communications in a wireless heterogeneous network. Computer Science and its Applications 1(9), 10–15 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Ross, S.M.: Introduction to probability models. Academic Press (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Levin, B.: Theoretical principles of statistical radiophysics. Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1969) Google Scholar
- 13.Team, R.C.: R Language Definition (2000)Google Scholar