An Estimation of Accuracy of Charef Approximation
In the paper a new accuracy estimation method for Charef approximation was presented. Charef approximation allows us to describe fractional-order systems with the use of integer-order, proper transfer function. The accuracy of approximation can be estimated with the use of comparison step responses of plant and Charef approximation. The step response of the plant was calculated with the use of an accurate analytical formula and it can be interpreted as a standard. Approach presented in the paper can be applied to effective tuning of Charef approximant for given plant. The use of proposed method does not require to know a step response of the modeled plant. The proposed methodology can be easily generalized to another known approximations. Results are by simulations illustrated.
KeywordsFractional order transfer function Charef approximation
This paper was supported by the AGH (Poland)—project no 22.214.171.1247.
- 2.Caponetto, R., Dongola, G., Fortuna, L., Petras, I. Fractional order systems. modeling and control applications. World Scientific Series on Nonlinear Science, Series A, vol. 72, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Kaczorek, T.: Selected Problems in Fractional Systems Theory. Springer, Berlin (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Mitkowski, W., Oprzędkiewicz, K.: Application of fractional order transfer functions to modeling of high-order systems. 7 IFIP Conference, Klagenfurt (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Mitkowski, W., Skruch, P.: Fractional-order models of the supercapacitors in the form of RC ladder networks. Bull. Polish Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci. 61(3), 581–587 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Mitkowski, W.: Finite-dimensional approximations of distributed RC networks. Bull. Polish Acad. Sci. Tech. Sci. 62(2), 263–269 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Oprzędkiewicz, K.: A Strejc model-based, semi- fractional (SSF) transfer function model, Automatyka/Automatics; AGH UST 2012 vol. 16 no. 2, pp. 145–154. (2012) http://journals.bg.agh.edu.pl/AUTOMAT/2012.16.2/automat.2012.16.2.145.pdf
- 9.Oprzędkiewicz, K.:. Approximation method for a fractional order transfer function with zero and pole Archives of Control Sciences, vol. 24 no. 4, s. 409–425 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Weilbeer, M.: Efficient numerical methods for fractional differential equations and their analytical. Technischen Universität Braunschweig, Doktors Dissertation, 1–224 (2005)Google Scholar