GDM-VieweR: A New Tool in R to Visualize the Evolution of Fuzzy Consensus Processes
With the incorporation of web 2.0 frameworks the complexity of decision making situations has exponentially increased, involving in many cases many experts, and a pontentially huge number of different alternatives. In the literature we can find a great deal of methodologies to assist multi-person decision making. However these classical approaches are not prepared to deal with huge complexity environments such as the Web 2.0, and there is a lack of tools that support the decision processes providing some graphical information. In this context is where data visualizations plays a key role. Therefore the main objective of this contribution is to present an open source tool developed in R to provide a quick insight of the evolution of the decision making by means of meaningful graphical representations. These tools allows its users to convey ideas effectively, providing insights into a rather sparse and complex data set by communicating its key-aspects in a more intuitive way and contributiong to the decision maker engangement in the process.
KeywordsGroup decision making Fuzzy preference modeling Software development R
The authors would like to acknowledge FEDER financial support from the Project TIN2013-40658-P, and also the financial support from the Andalusian Excellence Project TIC-5991.
- 1.The comprehensive R archive network (2015). http://cran.r-project.org/. Accessed 20 February 2015
- 2.Adler, D., Murdoch, D., Nenadic, O., Urbanek, S., Chen, M., Gebhardt, A., Bolker, B., Csardi, G., Strzelecki, A., Senger, A.: RGL: 3d visualization device system (opengl) (2015). http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rgl/index.html. Accessed 20 February 2015
- 5.Butler, C.T., Rothstein, A.: On Conflict and Consensus: A Handbook on Formal Consensus Decision Making. Food Not Bombs Publishing, Takoma Park (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Gamma, E., Helm, R., Johnson, R., Vlissides, J.: Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-oriented Software. Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co. Inc., Boston (1995)Google Scholar
- 16.Ligges, U., Maechler, M., Schnackenberg, S.: Scatterplot3d: 3d scatter plot (2015). http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/scatterplot3d/index.html. Accessed 20 February 2015
- 22.Saaty, T.L.: Fundamentals of Decision Making and Priority Theory with the AHP. RWS Publications, Pittsburg (1994)Google Scholar
- 23.Deepayan Sarkar. Lattice: Lattice graphics (2015). http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/lattice/index.html. Accessed 20 February 2015
- 25.Wu, J., Chiclana, F., Herrera-Viedma, E.: Trust based consensus model for social network in an incomplete linguistic information context. Appl. Soft Comput. (2015, in press)Google Scholar