Exploration Mobile Robot for Coal Mines
This paper describes a Main Control System (MCS) and 3D map subsystem of the mobile robot TELERESCUER for inspecting coal mine areas affected by catastrophic events. It is carried out in a framework of a EU programme of the Research Fund for Coal and Steel under the grant agreement No. RFCR-CT-2014-00002. The interesting problem is to applicate the very demanding safe requirements of ATEX on the design of the control system including its communication with other robot subsystems. Due to a very innovative and advanced HMI the system allows the rescuer to operate the robot as if he were at the very center point of the scene of the robot’s operation.6 This project is solved by consortium of: Silesian University of Technology (Poland), VSB – Technical University of Ostrava (Czech Republic), AITEMIN (Spain), SIMMERSION GMBH (Austria) and SKYTECH RESEARCH (Poland).
KeywordsRobot TELERESCUER Coal mine ATEX Intrinsic safety
The authors thank the European Commission - Research Fund for Coal and Steel for support this project “System of the mobile robot TELERESCUER for inspecting coal mine areas affected by catastrophic events”.
- 1.ATEX Directive. http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/mechanical/index_en.htm
- 3.EN 60079-0 Explosive atmospheres - Part 0: Equipment - General requirementsGoogle Scholar
- 4.Moczulski, W., et al.: System for virtual TELEportation of RESCUER for inspecting coal mine areas affected by catastrophic events. TECHNICAL ANNEX, of the project application (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Moczulski, W., Cyran, K., Novak, P., Rodriguez, A., Januszka, M.: TeleRescuer - A Concept of a System for Teleimmersion of a Rescuer to Areas of Coal Mines Affected by Catastrophes. VI Międzynarodowa Konferencja Systemy Mechatroniczne Pojazdów i Maszyn Roboczych (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Thruny, S., Hahnel, D.: A system for volumetric robotic mapping of abandoned mines. In: Proceedings of ICRA (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Novák, P., Babjak, J.: Roof support control in longwall technology. In: 14th Coal Operators Conference. University of Wollongong, Australia, 12–14 February 2014, pp. 34–41. ISBN 978 1 925100 02 0Google Scholar
- 10.Olivka, P.: Sensory Subsystem of the Mobile Robot, doctoral thesis (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Babjak, J., Kot, T., Polák, D.: Control System of the Rescue and Fire Extingusihing Robot Hardy. Acta technica corviniensis – Bulletin of engineering (2013). ISSN 2067–3809Google Scholar
- 12.Novák, P., Babjak, J., Kot, T., Moczulski, W.: Control System of the Mobile Robot TELERESCUER, Applied Mechanics and Materials – to be published (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Moczulski, W., Cyran, K., Mostyn, V., Novak, P., Rodriguez, A.: TeleRescuer – A System for Virtual Teleportation of a Rescuer to the Areas of Coal Mines Affected by Catastrophes. MMAR 2015, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 14.Gus, H.: Elias Dealing With The ATEX Directive. (Moore Industries International, Inc.) (2008). www.miinet.com