An Efficient and Secure Delegated Multi-authentication Protocol for Mobile Data Owners in Cloud
Due to plenty of cloud-based applications emerging and booming recently, data owners always store their data in cloud and share them to data consumers through cloud servers. For security equirements, data owners are often asked to provide authentication tags to the corresponding data. Data consumers obtain the authenticated data from the cloud and expect the computation on the authenticated data. However, it is impractical for the mobile data owners to be online all the time and provide the authenticated computing results according to various data consumers’ request. To tackle this issue, we propose an efficient and secure delegated multi-authentication protocol for mobile data owners in cloud, which enables the mobile data owners to conditionally delegate signing right to specified cloud servers without exposing the secret signing keys. The cloud servers provide the authentication services when data owners are not available. The security is built on an identity-based multi-proxy signature (IBMPS) scheme, which depends on the cubic residue assumption, equaling to the factorization assumption. Furthermore, our protocol is efficient compared to the pairing based schemes and the overhead is almost independent of the number of cloud servers.
KeywordsAuthenticated computing Mobile data owner Delegated multi-authentication Multi-proxy signature Cloud computing
- 1.Dong, M., Li, H., Ota, K., Zhu, H.: Hvsto: efficient privacy preserving hybrid storage in cloud data center. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS 2014), pp. 529–534 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Yuan, J., Yu, S.: Efficient public integrity checking for cloud data sharing with multi-user modification. In: INFOCOM 2014, pp. 2121–2129 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Jia, W., Zhu, H., Cao, Z., Wei, L., Lin, X.: SDSM: a secure data service mechanism in mobile cloud computing. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS 2011), pp. 1060–1065 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Yuan, J., Yu, S.: Flexible and publicly verifiable aggregation query for outsourced databases in cloud. In: IEEE CNS 2013, pp. 520–524 (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Wang, Z., Wang, L., Zheng, S., Yang, Y., Hu, Z.: Provably secure and efficient identity-based signature scheme based on cubic residues. Int. J. Netw. Secur. 14(1), 33–38 (2012)Google Scholar