Importance of Data Quality for Analytics
As we know in this highly regulated environment, there is an ever-increasing need in creating and providing safeguards and tools to increase the transparency and accuracy of information. Such tools and mechanisms also need to satisfy business and regulatory requirements. This situation has significantly increased the role of data and analytics in business in general.
The author would like to express his gratitude to Chuan Shi for his help and support.
- Gartner (2012). Big Data Strategy Components: IT Essentials. Published on 15th October 2012.Google Scholar
- Harrington, James (2006). The Five Pillars of Organizational Excellence, Referenced from Quality Digest (URL: http://www.qualitydigest.com/aug06/articles/05_article.shtml)
- Jugulum, Rajesh (2014). Competing with High Quality Data: Concepts, Tools and Techniques for Building a Successful Approach to Data Quality, Wiley publicationGoogle Scholar
- Rao, C. R. (1997). Statistics And Truth: Putting Chance To Work, Wspc publications.Google Scholar
- Wang, R. Y. and Strong, D. M. (1996). Beyond Accuracy: What Data Quality Means to Data Consumers. Journal of Management Information Systems. 12, 4, 5–33.Google Scholar