Release Adolescent Stress by Virtual Chatting
Many teenagers today live with stress. Due to their spiritual immaturity, teenagers cannot properly cope with stress, which probably brings such bad consequences as depression and even suicide. Hence, it is important to help teenagers timely resolve their stress. Many times, teenagers hesitate to express and reveal their negative emotion to the people nearby. In this paper, we present the design and implementation of a web-based virtual chatting tool, which can listen to, comfort, encourage the stressed teenagers and give useful solutions for their problems through chatting and thus releasing their stress. The tool also integrates social media micro-blog not only to support stress detection but also to provide useful resources for stress release.
KeywordsAdolescent Virtual chatting Stress Release Micro-blog
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Che, W., Li, Z., Liu, T.: LTP: a chinese language technology platform. In: Proc. of Coling, pp. 13–16 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Huang, J., Li, Q., Xue, Y., Cheng, T., Xu, S., Jia, J., Feng, L.: Teenchat: a chatterbot system for sensing and releasing adolescents’ stress. In: Yin, X., Ho, K., Zeng, D., Aickelin, U., Zhou, R., Wang, H. (eds.) HIS 2015. LNCS, vol. 9085, pp. 133–145. Springer, Heidelberg (2015) Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, Y., Liu, M., Wang, X., Wang, L., Li, J.: Pal: a chatterbot system for answering domain-specific questions. In: Proc. of ACL, pp. 67–72. Citeseer (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.M. U. D. R. of Sina Microblog. http://data.weibo.com/report/reportdetail?id=76
- 5.SIMSIMI. Simsimi (2009). http://www.simsimi.com/
- 6.Xue, Y., Li, Q., Jin, L., Feng, L., Clifton, D.A., Clifford, G.D.: Detecting adolescent psychological pressures from micro-blog. In: Zhang, Y., Yao, G., He, J., Wang, L., Smalheiser, N.R., Yin, X. (eds.) HIS 2014. LNCS, vol. 8423, pp. 83–94. Springer, Heidelberg (2014) Google Scholar