Combining Users and Items Rankings for Group Decision Support
Traveling and city sightseeing are, in most cases, activities that involve small groups of users. Hence, a content personalization process, in a travel domain, requires taking into account simultaneously the preferences of different users. Moreover, a group recommendation system should also capture the possible intra-group relationships, which are fundamental features in a group decision process. In this paper, we model this problem as a multi-agent aggregation of preferences by using weighted social choice functions. In this context, weights can be extracted by analyzing the interactions of the group’s members on Online Social Networks.
KeywordsGroup Decision Making Social Choice Group Recommendation Small Groups Social Networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gartrell, M., Xing, X., Lv, Q., Beach, A., Han, R., Mishra, S., Seada, K.: Enhancing group recommendation by incorporating social relationship interactions. In: Proc. of the 16th ACM International Conference on Supporting Group Work, pp. 97–106. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Cantador, I., Castells, P.: Group recommender systems: New perspectives in the social web. In: Recommender Systems for the Social Web. Intelligent Systems Reference Library, vol. 32, pp. 139–157. Springer (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.O’Connor, M., Cosley, D., Konstan, J.A., Riedl, J.: Polylens: A recommender system for groups of users. In: Proc. of the 7th European Conf. on CSCW, pp. 199–218 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Carvalho, L.A.M.C., Macedo, H.T.: Users’ satisfaction in recommendation systems for groups: An approach based on noncooperative games. In: Proc. of the 22nd Int. Conf. on World Wide Web Companion, WWW 2013, pp. 951–958 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Salehi-Abari, A., Boutilier, C.: Empathetic social choice on social networks. In: 13th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, pp. 693–700 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Masthoff, J.: Group recommender systems: Combining individual models. In: Recommender Systems Handbook, pp. 677–702. Springer US (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Caso, A., Rossi, S.: Users ranking in online social networks to support pois selection in small groups. In: Extended Proceedings of the 22nd Conference on User Modelling, Adaptation and Peronalization, UMAP 2014, pp. 5–8 (2014)Google Scholar