Study on Cloud Service Mode of Digital Libraries Based on Sharing Alliance
As a new service model, cloud services have become the growth point of the service innovation of digital libraries. By analyzing and summarizing the cloud service mode of the digital libraries at home and abroad, this paper presents three-layer cloud service model of digital libraries which includes data layer, automated management layer and service layer from bottom to top. Based on this model, this paper puts forward the union mechanism established by some libraries which joint provide intelligence research service, knowledge push service, reference service and so on.
KeywordsCloud services Digital library Service mode Sharing alliance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.OCLC News release. OCLC announces strategy to move library management services to Web scale (April 23, 2009). http://www.oclc.org/news/release/200927.htm (May 15, 2009)
- 2.Qiao, X., Liang, B., Li, Y.: NSTL strategic positioning,the recent advances and future development planning. NSTL Special Issue for 10 Years (Digital Library Forum, http://www.dlf.net.cn) (10), 11-17 (2010)
- 3.Wang, W., Chen, L.: The Model of CALIS Cloud Service Platform for Distributed Digital Libraries. Journal of Academic Libraries 4, 13–18 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, C., Wu, W.: A Research on Cloud Services Pattern Architecture and Innovation for Digital Library Under Cloud Computing Environment. Research on Library Science 13, 70–74 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Xiao, X., Shao, J., Zhang, H.: The third Phase SaaS Platforms and Cloud Services of CALIS. Library and Information Service Online 3(52), 52–56 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Yingjun, L., Yiping, Z., Zhonghua, D.: Cloud Service in American Libraries. Library and Information (3), 16–21 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Wei, D., Xie, Q.: Research on the Grass-Roots Service Cloud of the National Digital Library. Journal of the National Library of China 4(82), 40–47 (2012)Google Scholar