Demonstration of Realistic Multi-agent Scenario Generator for Electricity Markets Simulation
Worldwide electricity markets (EM) have undertaken a great revolution with the emergence of the liberalized market . The restructuring of the constituent sectors of EM (production, marketing, transportation and distribution) turned EM into a more competitive environment, which in turn led to increased decision-making difficulty. In order to overcome the complexity and unpredictability of this sector, simulation tools began to be a great investment area. EM simulators are tools that help clarifying the functioning of markets in order to create profiles of the participant players through the analysis, study and forecast of different scenarios . The profiles of participant players allow the understanding of the type of strategies taken by them and support their decision-making processes.
KeywordsElectricity Market Realistic Scenario Complex Adaptive System Market Type Internal Electricity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Pinto, T., et al.: Adaptive learning in agents behaviour: A framework for electricity markets simulation. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering 21(4), 399–415 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, H., Tesfatsion, L.: Development of Open Source Software for Power Market Research: The AMES Test Bed. Journal of Energy Markets 2(2), 111–128 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Koritarov, V.: Real-World Market Representation with Agents: Modeling the Electricity Market as a Complex Adaptive System with an Agent-Based Approach. IEEE Power & Energy Magazine, 39–46 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.MIBEL data files. http://www.omie.es/aplicaciones/datosftp/datosftp.jsp?path=/ (last accessed January 2014)
- 7.Teixeira, B., et.al.: Data Mining Approach to support the Generation of Realistic Scenarios for Multi-Agent simulation of Electricity Markets. In: IA 2014 – Intelligent Agents (IA) at the IEEE SSCI 2014 (IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence), Orlando, Florida, USA, December 09–12 (2014)Google Scholar