Preliminary Design of the Real-Time Control Software for the Adaptive Optics of AOLI
This paper describes the preliminary design of the software that will perform real-time control of the adaptive optics section of a new astronomical instrument that will combine the benefits of low order adaptive optics with lucky imaging. Such combination will allow astronomers to obtain near diffraction limited images in the visible spectrum on large ground-based telescopes using faint natural guide stars.
KeywordsAdaptive optics Real-time control Astronomical instrumentation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.High spatial resolution optical imaging of the quintuple T Tauri system LkHα 262-263 with AOLI, Velasco, S., et al. MNRAS (2015) (in prep.)Google Scholar
- 2.Mackay, C., et al.: High-resolution imaging in the visible on large ground-based telescopes. SPIE Astronomical Telescopes+ Instrumentation. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Crass, J., et al.: The AOLI low-order non-linear curvature wavefront sensor: a method for high sensitivity wavefront reconstruction. SPIE Astronomical Telescopes+ Instrumentation. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Camet, S., Curis, J.-F., Rooms, F.: Deformable mirror having force actuators and distributed stiffness. U.S. Patent No. 8,794,773 (August 5, 2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Khronos OpenCL Working Group. The opencl specification (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Nvidia, C.U.D.A.: C programming guide. NVIDIA Corporation, Santa Clara (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Intel Corporation. Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL) (retrieved February 11, 2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Rife, D.D., Vanderkooy, J.: Transfer-function measurement with maximum-length sequences. Journal of the Audio Engineering Society 37(6), 419–444 (1989)Google Scholar
- 10.Tatarskii, V.I.: Wave propagation in turbulent medium. Wave Propagation in Turbulent Medium, by Valerian Ilich Tatarskii. Translated by RA Silverman, 285 p. Published by McGraw-Hill (January 1961)Google Scholar