Some of My Memories with Enric Trillas during the Last 20 Years: A Small Tribute to an Outstanding Researcher and an Even Better Person
The first time I knew about Enric Trillas I was still a teenager. It was in November 1991. I was only 18 years old and I was studying the second year of the MSc in Computer Science at the University of Granada (I skipped an academic year when I was a kid). Some professors from the Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (DECSAI), my current department, were teaching me during that course and have also done so in my first course. They all were pretty excited as they were involved in a fuzzy logic and fuzzy systems (FLFSs) milestone in Spain, the organization of the First Spanish Conference on the topic. That event was the first of that kind in our country and came as a consequence of the creation of the Spanish Association for Fuzzy Logic and Technologies (FLAT).
KeywordsFuzzy Logic Fuzzy System Soft Computing Fuzzy Logic Controller Research Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cordón, O., Herrera, F., Hoffmann, F., Magdalena, L.: Genetic Fuzzy Systems. Evolutionary Tuning and Learning of Fuzzy Knowledge Bases. World Scientific (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Cordón, O., Herrera, F., Hoffmann, F., Magdalena, L.: Special Issue on Recent Advances in Genetic Fuzzy Systems. Information Sciences 136(1-4) (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Cordón, O., Damas, S., del Coso, R., Ibáñez, O., Peña, C.: Soft Computing Developments of the Applications of Fuzzy Logic and Evolutionary Algorithms Research Unit at the European Center for Soft Computing. Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society eNewsletter 29 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Cordón, O., Damas, S., del Coso, R., Ibáñez, O., Peña, C.: A Survey on the Research Lines of the Applications of Fuzzy Logic and Evolutionary Algorithms Research Unit at the European Center for Soft Computing. Mathware and Soft Computing 17(1), 53–83 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Herrera, F. (ed.): Special Issue on Genetic Fuzzy Systems for Control and Robotics. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning 17(4) (1997)Google Scholar
- 11.Herrera, F., Magdalena, L. (eds.): Special Issue on Genetic Fuzzy Systems. International Journal of Intelligent Systems 13(10-11) (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Luque, M.: Improving the User Needs Representation in Information Retrieval Systems by means of Evolutionary Algorithms and Fuzzy Linguistic Modeling. E.T.S.I. Informática, University of Granada (April 2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Trillas, E., Valverde, L.: On Implication and Indistinguishability in the Setting of Fuzzy Logic. In: Yager, R.R., Kacpryzk, J. (eds.) Management Decision Support Systems using Fuzzy Sets and Possibility Theory, pp. 196–212. Verlag TÜW (1985)Google Scholar
- 14.Zarco, C.: Application of Evolutionary Algorithms to the Automatic Learning of Extended Boolean Queries for Fuzzy Information Retrieval System. PhD Dissertation, Faculty of Information Sciences, University of Granada (July 2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Pedrycz, W.: Fuzzy Control and Fuzzy Systems. Research Studies Pre. (1993)Google Scholar