Sticky Particles and Stochastic Flows
Gawȩdzki and Horvai have studied a model for the motion of particles carried in a turbulent fluid and shown that in a limiting regime with low levels of viscosity and molecular diffusivity, pairs of particles exhibit the phenomena of stickiness when they meet. In this paper we characterise the motion of an arbitrary number of particles in a simplified version of their model.
- 2.R.J. Chitashvili, On the nonexistence of a strong solution in the boundary problem for a sticky Brownian motion. Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica (1989)Google Scholar
- 11.G. Peskir, On boundary behaviour of one-dimensional diffusions: from Brown to Feller and beyond (2014); Research Report No. 8 (2014); Probab. Statist. Group Manchester (14 pp.). To appear in Selected Works of William Feller (Springer)Google Scholar
- 12.E. Schertzer, R. Sun, J.M. Swart, Stochastic flows in the Brownian web and net. Mem. Am. Math. Soc. 227(1065) (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.J. Warren, Branching processes, the Ray-Knight theorem, and sticky Brownian motion, in Séminaire de Probabilités XXXI (Springer, Berlin, 1997), pp. 1–15Google Scholar
- 14.J. Warren, An elliptic pde with convex solutions (2014) [arXiv:1407.3985]Google Scholar