Case Study of Learning Entropy for Adaptive Novelty Detection in Solid-Fuel Combustion Control
This paper deals with the case study of usability of the Learning Entropy approach for the adaptive novelty detection in MIMO dynamical systems. The novelty detection is studied for typical parameters of linear systems including time delay. The solid-fuel combustion process is selected as a representative of typical non-linear dynamic MIMO system. The complex mathematical model of a biomass-fired 100kW boiler is used for verification of the potentials of the proposed method, and the motivation for novelty detection in solid-fuel combustion processes is discussed in this paper.
Keywordsadaptive systems novelty detection learning entropy combustion process multiple input control incremental learning quadratic neural unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Richman, J.S., Moorman, J.R.: Physiological time-series analysis using approximate entropy and sample entropy. Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 278, H2039–H2049 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Marsland, S.: Novelty detection in learning systems. Neural Comput. Surv. 3, 157–195 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Alippi, C., Bu, L., Zhao, D.: A prior-free encode-decode change detection test to inspect datastreams for concept drift. In: 2013 Int. Jt. Conf. Neural Netw., IJCNN, pp. 1–6 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Bukovsky, I., Homma, N., Cejnek, M., Ichiji, K.: Study of Learning Entropy for Novelty Detection in lung tumor motion prediction for target tracking radiation therapy. In: 2014 Int. Jt. Conf. Neural Netw., IJCNN, pp. 3124–3129 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Bukovsky, I., Oswald, C., Cejnek, M., Benes, P.M.: Learning entropy for novelty detection a cognitive approach for adaptive filters. Sens. Signal Process. Def. SSPD 2014, pp. 1–5 (2014)Google Scholar
- 14.Bukovsky, I., Kinsner, W., Bila, J.: Multiscale analysis approach for novelty detection in adaptation plot. Institution of Engineering and Technology, pp. 27–27 (2012)Google Scholar