5th Workshop on Context-Awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation
Context-aware information is widely available in various ways and is becoming more and more important for enhancing retrieval performance and recommendation results. A primary challenge is not only recommending or retrieving the most relevant items and content, but defining them ad hoc. Other relevant issues include personalizing and adapting the information and the way it is displayed to the user’s current situation and interests. Ubiquitous computing provides new means for capturing user feedback on items and offers information. This year we are particularly interested in contributions investigating how context can influence decision making in contexts such as health, finance, food, education etc. and how systems can exploit context to assert positive behavioral change.
KeywordsInformation Retrieval Recommendation Context-awareness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CaRR 2011: Proceedings of the 2011 Workshop on Context-Awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation. ACM, New York (2011), http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1943403.1943506
- 2.CaRR 2012: Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Context-awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation. ACM, New York (2012), http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2166966.2167061
- 3.CaRR 2013: Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Context-awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation. ACM, New York (2013), http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2433396.2433504
- 4.CaRR 2014: Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Context-awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation. ACM, New York (2014), http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2601301
- 5.Said, A., De Luca, E.W., Quercia, D., Böhmer, M.: 4th Workshop on Context-awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation. In: de Rijke, M., Kenter, T., de Vries, A.P., Zhai, C., de Jong, F., Radinsky, K., Hofmann, K. (eds.) ECIR 2014. LNCS, vol. 8416, pp. 802–805. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Böhmer, M., De Luca, E.W., Said, A., Teevan, J.: 3rd workshop on context- awareness in retrieval and recommendation. In: Proceedings of the Sixth ACM In- ternational Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, WSDM 2013, pp. 789–790. ACM, New York (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.De Luca, E.W., Said, A., Böhmer, M., Michahelles, F.: Workshop on context- awareness in retrieval and recommendation. In: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, IUI 2011, pp. 471–472. ACM, New York (2011)Google Scholar