SOR: A Protocol for Requests Dissemination in Online Social Networks
Routing over online social networks (OSN) requires a new routing mechanism that can adhere to individual privacy needs. In this paper, we explore a social online routing protocol (SOR) that can find best paths for request dissemination, using friends’ network with privacy aware route messaging. We use an OMNeT++ simulator to study the proposed SOR at three cognoscenti’ levels over real social circles from Google+ to study their routing efficacy.
KeywordsOnline social networks Social routing protocol Social requests
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tim, A., Danescu-Niculescu-Mizil, C., Jurafsky, D.: How to Ask for a Favor: A Case Study on the Success of Altruistic Requests. arXiv preprint arXiv:1405.3282 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Goldschmidt, M.M.: For the favor of asking: an analysis of the favor as a speech act, pp. 35−49 (1980)Google Scholar
- 4.Virginia, K., Laub, A.J.: The singular value decomposition: Its computation and some applications. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 25(2), 164−176 (1980)Google Scholar
- 5.Jan, M.: Security and routing in the ripple payment network. Master’s thesis, Masaryk University, Brno (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Modern etiquette: asking for a favor. http://www.designsponge.com/2013/01/modern-etiquette-asking-for-a-favor.html
- 7.Stanford Large Network Dataset Collection. http://snap.stanford.edu/data/index.html