Lip Print Recognition Method Using Bifurcations Analysis
The paper presents a method of automatic personal identification on the basis of an analysis of lip prints. The method is based on a new approach, in which each lip print is described by bifurcations. In order to extract bifurcations, a method for lip print pre-processing was proposed. The bifurcations obtained were compared with each other using the similarity coefficient developed for the needs of this study. The effectiveness of this coefficient was verified experimentally.
KeywordsBiometrics Lip print Image pre-processing Bifurcations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agarwal, G., Ratha, N., Bolle, R.M.: Biometric verification: looking beyond raw similarity scores. In: Workshop on Multibiometrics (CVPR), New York, pp. 31–36 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Al-amri, S.S., Kalyankar, N.V., Khamitkar, S.D.: Linear and Non-linear Contrast Enhancement Image. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS) 10(2), 139–143 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Doroz, R., Wrobel, K.: Method of signature recognition with the use of the mean differences. In: Proceedings of the 31st International IEEE Conference on Information Technology Interfaces (ITI 2009), Croatia, pp. 231–235 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Kasprzak, J., Leczynska, B.: Cheiloscopy. Human identification on the basis of lip trace (in Polish). KGP, Warsaw, Poland (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Koprowski, R., Wrobel, Z.: The cell structures segmentation. In: 4th International Conference on Computer Recognition Systems (CORES 05), pp. 569–576 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Newton, M.: The Encyclopedia of Crime Scene Investigation. Facts on File, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.Petherick, W.A., Turvey, B.E., Ferguson, C.E.: Forensic Criminology. Elsevier Academic Press, London (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Suzuki, K., Tsuchihashi, Y.: Personal identification by means of lip prints. Journal of Forensic Medicine 17, 52–57 (1970)Google Scholar
- 16.Tsuchihashi, Y.: Studies on personal identification by means of lip prints. Forensic Science, pp. 127–231 (1974)Google Scholar
- 17.Wrobel, K., Doroz, R., Palys, M.: A method of lip print recognition based on sections comparison. In: IEEE Int. Conference on Biometrics and Kansei Engineering (ICBAKE 2013), Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 47–52 (2013)Google Scholar