Static Classifier Selection with Interval Weights of Base Classifiers
The selection of classifiers is one of the important problems in the creation of an ensemble of classifiers. The paper presents the static selection in which a new method of calculating the weights of individual classifiers is used. The obtained weights can be interpreted in the context of the interval logic. It means that the particular weights will not be provided precisely but their lower and upper values will be used. A number of experiments have been carried out on several data sets from the UCI repository.
KeywordsClassifier fusion Interval logic Static classifiers selection Multiple classifier system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the Polish National Science Center under the grant no. DEC-2013/09/B/ST6/02264 and by the statutory funds of the Department of Systems and Computer Networks, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- 1.Bishop, C.M.: Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Information Science and Statistics). Springer-Verlag New York Inc., Secaucus (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.dos Santos, E.M., Sabourin, R.: Classifier ensembles optimization guided by population oracle. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 693–698 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Duin, R., Juszczak, P., Paclik, P., Pekalska, E., de Ridder, D., Tax, D., Verzakov, S.: PR-Tools4.1, A Matlab Toolbox for Pattern Recognition. Delft University of Technology (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Frank, A., Asuncion, A.: UCI machine learning repository (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Jackowski, K., Krawczyk, B., Woźniak, M.: Improved adaptive splitting and selection: The hybrid training method of a classifier based on a feature space partitioning. International Journal of Neural Systems 24(03) (2014)Google Scholar
- 16.Kuncheva, L.I.: Combining Pattern Classifiers: Methods and Algorithms. John Wiley and Sons Inc. (2004)Google Scholar