Algorithm to Plan Athlete’s Prolonged Training Based on Model of Physiological Response
This paper proposes an algorithm to generate a long-term training for athletes. After introduction and a short review on methods of modelling the physiological response, the problem of planning prolonged training is formulated as optimization problem. In order solve this problem dynamical programming and model of physiological response was proposed. This model allows us to analyse the athlete’s physiological response for different training loads. Based on this analysis and apply dynamical programming we proposed algorithm to design a plan of prolonged training with various training loads. In order to verify the proposed approach some simulation experiments were performed. Obtained results for our approach were compared with results obtained with use of algorithm generates a training plan without knowledge on the type of athlete’s physiological response.
Keywordse-Health Mathematical modelling Optimization Dynamic programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Banister, E.W., Calvert, T.W.: Planning for future performance: implications for long term training. Canadian Journal of Applied Sport Sciences 5, 170–176 (1980)Google Scholar
- 4.Busso, T., Häkkinen, K., Pakarinen, A., Carasso, C., Lacour, J.R., Komi, P.V., Kauhanen, H.: A systems model of training responses and its relationship to hormonal responses in elite weight-lifters. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology 61, 48–54 (1990)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Millet, G.P., Candau, R.B., Barbier, B., Busso, T., Rouillon, J.D., Chatard, J.C.: Modelling the transfers of training effects on performance in elite triathletes. 23, 55–63 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Morton, R.H., Fitz-Clarke, J.R., Banister, E.W.: Modeling human performance in running. Journal of Applied Physiology 69, 1171–1177 (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.Goater, J., Melvin, D.: The Art of Running Faster. Human Kinetics (2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Kirwan, M., Duncan, M.J., Vandelanotte, C., Mummery, W.K.: Using smartphone technology to monitor physical activity in the 10,000 Steps Program: a matched case-control trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research 14 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Nguyen, T.N., Su, S., Celler, B., Nguyen, H.: Advanced portable remote monitoring system for the regulation of treadmill running exercises. Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (2014)Google Scholar
- 18.Silva, A.J., et al.: The use of neural network technology to model swimming performance. Journal of Sports Science & Medicine 6, 117–125 (2007)Google Scholar
- 21.Zatsiorsky, V.M., Kraemer, W.J.: Science and practice of strength training. Human Kinetics (1995)Google Scholar