Discovering Co-author Relationship in Bibliographic Data Using Similarity Measures and Random Walk Model
Discovering the research communities to bring techniques to the world is an interesting topic. In this paper we use the DBLP data to investigate the co-author relationship in a real bibliographic network and predict the interactions between co-authors. We analysis the research trend of authors and conferences based on extracted keywords from paper titles. We can understand research fields and change of research trend to find appropriate co-authors and conferences to submit our work. We also find potential co-authors for an existing author in DBLP data by using a variety of similarity measures and a random walk model. It can be useful for building a recommendation system.
KeywordsDBLP Co-author Similarity Random walk Bibliographic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dblp (digital bibliography & library project) bibliography database. http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/
- 3.S\(\phi \)rensendice coefficient. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B8rensen%E2%80%93Dice_coefficient
- 5.Deng, H., King, I., Lyu, M.R.: Formal models for expert finding on DBLP bibliography data. In: Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2008), Pisa, Italy, December 15–19, 2008, pp. 163–172 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Deza, E., Deza, M.: Dictionary of Distances. North-Holland (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, J., Xia, F., Wang, W., Chen, Z., Asabere, N.Y., Jiang, H.: Acrec: a co-authorship based random walk model for academic collaboration recommendation. In: 23rd International World Wide Web Conference, WWW 2014, Companion Volume, Seoul, Republic of Korea, April 7–11, 2014, pp. 1209–1214 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Pham, X.H., Nguyen, T.T., Jung, J.J., Hwang, D.: Extending HITS algorithm for ranking locations by using geotagged resources. In: Hwang, D., Jung, J.J., Nguyen, N.-T. (eds.) ICCCI 2014. LNCS, vol. 8733, pp. 332–341. Springer, Heidelberg (2014) Google Scholar
- 14.Sun, Y., Barber, R., Gupta, M., Aggarwal, C.C., Han, J.: Co-author relationship prediction in heterogeneous bibliographic networks. In: International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, ASONAM 2011, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 25–27 July 2011, pp. 121–128 (2011)Google Scholar