Enumerating Eulerian Trails via Hamiltonian Path Enumeration
Given an undirected graph G, we consider enumerating all Eulerian trails, that is, walks containing each of the edges in G just once. We consider achieving it with the enumeration of Hamiltonian paths with the zero-suppressed decision diagram (ZDD), a data structure that can efficiently store a family of sets satisfying given conditions. First we compute the line graph L(G), the graph representing adjacency of the edges in G. We also formulated the condition when a Hamiltonian path in L(G) corresponds to an Eulerian trail in G because every trail in G corresponds to a path in L(G) but the converse is not true. Then we enumerate all Hamiltonian paths in L(G) satisfying the condition with ZDD by representing them as their sets of edges.
KeywordsEulerian trail Hamiltonian path path enumeration line graph zero-suppressed binary decision diagram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wilson, R.J.: Introduction to Graph Theory, 4th edn. Pearson Education (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Harary, F.: Graph Theory, 1st edn. Addison-Wesley (1969)Google Scholar
- 3.Mihail, M., Winkler, P.: On the number of Eulerian orientations of a graph. In: Proceedings of the Third Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, SODA 1992, pp. 138–145 (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, H., Wang, J.: A new way to enumerate cycles in graph. In: International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services/Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications, p. 57 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Diestel, R.: Graph Theory, 4th edn. Springer (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Knuth, D.E.: 7.1.4 Binary Decision Diagrams. In: Combinatorial Algorithms, vol. 4A. The Art of Computer Programming, vol. 4A. Pearson Education (2011)Google Scholar
- 16.Knuth, D.E.: Don Knuth’s home page, http://www-cs-staff.stanford.edu/~uno/
- 18.Inoue, T., Iwashita, H., Kawahara, J., Minato, S.: Graphillion: Software library designed for very large sets of graphs in python. Technical Report TCS-TR-A-13-65, Division of Computer Science, Hokkaido University (2013)Google Scholar