New Characterizations of Proper Interval Bigraphs and Proper Circular Arc Bigraphs
An interval bigraph B is a proper interval bigraph if there is an interval representation of B such that no interval of the same partite set is properly contained in the other. Similarly a circular arc bigraph B is a proper circular arc bigraph if there is a circular arc representation of B such that no arc of the same partite set is properly contained in the other. In this paper, we characterize proper interval bigraphs and proper circular arc bigraphs using two linear orderings of their vertex set.
Keywordsinterval bigraphs circular arc bigraphs proper interval bigraphs proper circular arc bigraphs linear ordering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Basu, A., Das, S., Ghosh, S., Sen, M.: Circular arc bigraphs and its subclasses. J. of Graph Theory (73), 361–376 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Brown, D.E., Lundgren, J.R.: Characterization for unit interval bigraphs. In: Proceedings of the Forty-First Southeastern International Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Computing. Congr. Number. 206, 517 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Brown, D.E., Lundgren, J.R., Flink, S.C.: Characterization of interval bigraphs and unit interval bigraphs. Congress Number (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Das, A.K., Chakraborty, R.: New characterization of proper interval bigraphs. Accepted for Publication in International Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics 12(1) (June 2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Das, A.K., Das, S., Sen, M.K.: Forbidden substructure of interval (bi/di) graphs. Submitted to Discrete Math. (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Golumbic, M.C.: Algorithmic graph theory and perfect graphs. Annals of Discrete Mathematics (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Hell, P., Huang, J.: Interval bigraphs and circular arc graphs. J. of Graph Theory (46), 313–327 (2004)Google Scholar