Novel Concise Representations of High Utility Itemsets Using Generator Patterns
Mining High Utility Itemsets (HUIs) is an important task with many applications. However, the set of HUIs can be very large, which makes HUI mining algorithms suffer from long execution times and huge memory consumption. To address this issue, concise representations of HUIs have been proposed. However, no concise representation of HUIs has been proposed based on the concept of generator despite that it provides several benefits in many applications. In this paper, we incorporate the concept of generator into HUI mining and devise two new concise representations of HUIs, called High Utility Generators (HUGs) and Generator of High Utility Itemsets (GHUIs). Two efficient algorithms named HUG-Miner and GHUI-Miner are proposed to respectively mine these representations. Experiments on both real and synthetic datasets show that proposed algorithms are very efficient and that these representations are up to 36 times smaller than the set of all HUIs.
Keywordspattern mining high utility itemset mining concise representation high utility generator generator of high utility itemsets
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Fast algorithms for mining association rules in large databases. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Very Large Databases, pp. 487–499 (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Fournier-Viger, P., Gomariz, A., Campos, M., Thomas, R.: Fast Vertical Mining of Sequential Patterns Using Co-occurrence Information. In: Tseng, V.S., Ho, T.B., Zhou, Z.-H., Chen, A.L.P., Kao, H.-Y. (eds.) PAKDD 2014, Part I. LNCS, vol. 8443, pp. 40–52. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gao, C., Wang, J., He, Y., Zhou, L.: Efficient mining of frequent sequence generators. In: Proc. 17th Intern. Conf. World Wide Web, pp. 1051–1052 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, M., Qu, J.: Mining High Utility Itemsets without Candidate Generation. In: Proceedings of CIKM 2012, pp. 55–64 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Wu, C.-W., Fournier-Viger, P., Yu., P.S., Tseng, V.S.: Efficient Mining of a Concise and Lossless Representation of High Utility Itemsets. In: Proceedings of ICDM 2011, pp. 824–833 (2011)Google Scholar