Dynamic Hierarchical Visualization of Keyframes in Endoscopic Video
The after-inspection of endoscopic surgeries can be a tedious and time consuming task. Physicians have to search for important segments in the video recording of an intervention, which may have a duration of several hours. Automatically selected keyframes can support physicians in this task. The problem is that either too few keyframes are selected, missing some important information, or too many keyframes are selected, which overwhelms the user. Furthermore, keyframes of endoscopic videos typically show highly similar content. It is hence difficult to keep track of the temporal context of selected keyframes if they are presented in a grid view. To overcome these limitations, we present a dynamic hierarchical browsing technique for large sets of keyframes that preserves the temporal context in the visualization of the frames.
KeywordsTemporal Context Shot Boundary 27th IEEE International Symposium Endoscopic Video Video Summary
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hürst, W., Meier, K.: Interfaces for timeline-based mobile video browsing. In: Proceedings of the 16th ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 469–478. ACM (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Lucas, B.D., Kanade, T., et al.: An iterative image registration technique with an application to stereo vision. IJCAI 81, 674–679 (1981)Google Scholar
- 3.Münzer, B., Schoeffmann, K., Böszörmenyi, L., Smulders, J.F., Jakimowicz, J.: Investigation of the impact of compression on the perceptional quality of laparoscopic videos. In: Proceedings of the 27th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS 2014), pp. 1–6 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Peng, J., Xiao-Lin, Q.: Keyframe-based video summary using visual attention clues. IEEE MultiMedia 17(2), 64–73 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Schoeffmann, K., Del Fabro, M., Szkaliczki, T., Böszörmenyi, L., Keckstein, J.: Keyframe extraction in endoscopic video. In: Multimedia Tools and Applications, pp. 1–20 (to appear, 2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Shi, J., Tomasi, C.: Good features to track. In: Proceedings of 1994 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR 1994, pp. 593–600 (June 1994)Google Scholar