Enhanced Signature-Based Video Browser
The success of our Signature-Based Video Browser presented last year at Video Browser Showdown 2014 (now renamed to Video Search Showcase) was mainly based on effective filtering using position-color feature signatures, while browsing in the results comprising matched keyframes was based just on a simple sequential search approach. Since the results can consist of highly similar keyframes (e.g., news studio scenes) making the browsing more difficult, we have enhanced our tool with more advanced browsing techniques considering also homogeneous result sets obtained after filtering phase. Furthermore, we have utilized improved search models based on feature signatures to make the filtering phase more effective.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Loko, J., Blaek, A., Skopal, T.: On effective known item video search using feature signatures. In: ICMR, p. 524 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Ngo, T.D., Nguyen, V.H., Lam, V., Phan, S., Le, D.-D., Duong, D.A., Satoh, S.: NII-UIT: A tool for known item search by sequential pattern filtering. In: Gurrin, C., Hopfgartner, F., Hurst, W., Johansen, H., Lee, H., O’Connor, N. (eds.) MMM 2014, Part II. LNCS, vol. 8326, pp. 419–422. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Rubner, Y., Tomasi, C.: Perceptual metrics for image database navigation, vol. 1. Springer (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Schoeffmann, K., Boeszoermenyi, L.: Video browsing using interactive navigation summaries. In: Seventh International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing, CBMI 2009, pp. 243–248 (June 2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Schoeffmann, K., Lux, M., Taschwer, M., Boeszoermenyi, L.: Visualization of video motion in context of video browsing. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, ICME 2009, pp. 658–661 (June 2009)Google Scholar