Hybridizing Infeasibility Driven and Constrained-Domination Principle with MOEA/D for Constrained Multiobjective Evolutionary Optimization
This paper presents a novel multiobjective constraint handling approach, named as MOEA/D-CDP-ID, to tackle constrained optimization problems. In the proposed method, two mechanisms, namely infeasibility driven (ID) and constrained-domination principle (CDP) are embedded into a prominent multiobjective evolutionary algorithm called MOEA/D. Constrained-domination principle defined a domination relation of two solutions in constraint handling problem. Infeasibility driven preserves a proportion of marginally infeasible solutions to join the searching process to evolve offspring. Such a strategy allows the algorithm to approach the constraint boundary from both the feasible and infeasible side of the search space, thus resulting in gaining a Pareto solution set with better distribution and convergence. The efficiency and effectiveness of the proposed approach are tested on several well-known benchmark test functions. In addition, the proposed MOEA/D-CDP-ID is applied to a real world application, namely design optimization of the two-stage planetary gear transmission system. Experimental results suggest that MOEA/D-CDP-ID can outperform other state-of-the-art algorithms for constrained multiobjective evolutionary optimization.
KeywordsMultiobjective evolutionary algorithm Infeasibility driven Constrained -domination principle Constrained multiobjective optimization Penalty functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Hu, Q., Min, R.: Mult-i objective optimal design study of the two-stage planetary gear transmission system s based on the MATLAB. Modern Manufacturing Engineering (3), 98–101 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Zitzler, E., Thiele, L., Laumanns, M., Fonseca, C.M., Grunert da Fonseca, V.: Performance Assessment of Multiobjective Optimizers: An Analisis and Review. Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory, ETH Zurich, Tech. Rep. 139 (June 2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, C.-A.: New Multi-Objective Constrained Optimization Evolutionary Algorithm. In: Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. Innovative Computing Information and Control ICICIC 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, M., Zou, X., Chen, Y., Wu, Z.: Performance assessment of DMOEA-DD with CEC 2009 MOEA competition test instances. In: Proc. IEEE Congress Evolutionary Computation CEC 2009, pp. 2913–2918 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.del Castillo, J.M.: The Analytical Expression of the Efficiency of Planetary Gear Trains. Mechanism and Machine Theory (37), 197–214 (2002)Google Scholar