Research on Lightweight Optimization Design for Gear Box
In order to meet the requirements of saving and environmental protection, the development of automotive lightweight is imminent. Through the finite element analysis of transmission housing, a method based on improved genetic algorithm is proposed for lightweight automobile transmission housing. To improve the efficiency and accuracy, the Latin method is used in the experimental design to generate test sample points, which combined with the response surface of polynomial technology to create an approximate model. Finally, an improved GA is applied to resolve the optimal parameters. The results show that the mass of gear box is reduced under the premise such as strength, stiffness and vibration resistance. This method can provide certain engineering guidance for the lightweight optimization of gear box.
Keywordsgear box approximation model GA lightweight optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang, Y., Li, G.Y., Wang, J.H.: Application of multi-objective genetic algorithm optimization in lightweight vehicle design. China Mechanical Engineering 4, 500–503 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Hu, Z.H., Cheng, A.G., Chen, S.W.: Multi-objective optimization’s application in the new overall models’ lightweight design. China Mechanical Engineeing 3, 404–409 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, S.L., Zhu, P., Chen, W.: Two methods based on robust design and its application in uncertainty lightweight body design. Shanghai Jiaotong University 5, 835–839 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Han, D., Zheng, J.R.: Techniques of the approximate model in the engineering design optimization. East China University of Technology (Natural Science Edition) 6, 762–768 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, M., Sun, S.D.: Principle and application of genetic algorithms. National Defense Industry Press, Beijing (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Fang, Q.W., Wang, P.: Substantive analysis for crossover of genetic algorithm. Beijing University of Technology 10, 1325–1336 (2010)Google Scholar