The Linked Data AppStore
This paper introduces The Linked Data AppStore (LD-AppStore) – a Software-as-a-Service platform prototype for data integration on the Web. Building upon emerging Linked Data technologies, the LD-AppStore targets data scientists/engineers (interested in simplifying tasks such as data cleaning, transformation, entity extraction, data visualization, crawling, etc.) as well as data integration tool developers (interested in exploiting the use of their tools by data engineers). This paper provides an overview of the architecture of the LD-AppStore, the APIs of the basic data operations supported by the platform, presents a set of data integration workflows, and discusses the current status of the implementation.
KeywordsOpen Data Linked Data Data Integration APIs SaaS Data Workflows Prototype
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Linked Data, Introduction at http://www.w3.org/standards/semanticweb/data
- 2.RDF. Introduction at http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/
- 3.SPARQL. Introduction at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-overview/
- 4.Mitchell, I., Wilson, M.: Linked data – Connecting and exploiting big data (2012), Fujitsu White paper, http://www.fujitsu.com/uk/Images/Linked-data-connecting-and-exploiting-big-data-%28v1.0%29.pdf
- 6.Fensel, D., et al.: Towards LarKC: a platform for web-scale reasoning. In: IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.R2RML: RDB to RDF Mapping Language, W3C Proposed Recommendation (August 14, 2012), http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/PR-r2rml-20120814/
- 8.A Direct Mapping of Relational Data to RDF, W3C Proposed Recommendation (August 14, 2012), http://www.w3.org/TR/rdb-direct-mapping/
- 9.D.Roman, Pop, C.D., Roman, R.I., Mathisen, B.M., Wienhofen, L., Elvesæter, B.: The Linked Data AppStore v1. SINTEF Internal Report BigFut SEP 102003299 (November 2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Gupta, S., et al.: Karma: A system for mapping structured sources into the Semantic Web. In: 9th Extended Semantic Web Conference, ESWC 2012 (May 2012)Google Scholar