Fuzzy Cognitive Map of Research Team Activity
A cognitive model of activity of research team is considered. Object of research is a R&D department (223 persons) in a large scientific and industrial enterprise for sea prospecting works. The model (fuzzy cognitive map) that represents the activity of this department is based on the results of applied sociological research. The fuzzy cognitive map containing 14 concepts, divided into 3 groups (Personal, Group and Organizational). The list of concepts, their initial values and weight matrix are based on an assessment of several experts from the studied organization. The behavior of target concepts at various values of parameters of model is studied results testify to the favorable tendencies in department activity.
Keywordsfuzzy cognitive maps research team management socio-economic systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Avdeeva, Z., Kovriga, S., Makarenko, D., Maximov, V.: Goal setting and structure and goal analysis of complex systems and situations. In: Proceedings of the 8th IFAC Symposium on Automated Systems Based on Human Skill and Knowledge, pp. 899–903. Göteborg, Sweden (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Carvalho, J.P., Tome, J.A.B.: Rule based fuzzy cognitive maps in socio-economic systems. In: Proceedings of the Joint International Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress and European Society of Fuzzy Logic and Technology Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, July 20-24, pp. 1821–1826 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Evseev, E.A., Stankevich, A.M.: Cognitive model of research team management. Vestnik St. Petersburg University 1, 206–215 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Groumpos, P.P.: Fuzzy cognitive maps: Basic theories and their application to complex systems. In: Glykas, M. (ed.) Fuzzy Cognitive Maps. Advances in Theory, Methodologies, Tools and Applications. Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, vol. 247, pp. 1–23. Springer (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Mago, V.K., Morden, H.K., Fritz, C., Wu, T., Namazi, S., Geranmayeh, P., Chattopadhyay, R., Dabbaghian, V.: Analyzing the impact of social factors on homelessness: a fuzzy cognitive map approach. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 13(94), 1–19 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Papageorgiou, E.I.: Review study on fuzzy cognitive maps and their applications during the last decade. In: EEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Taipei, Taiwan, June 27-30, pp. 828–835 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Stylios, C.D., Groumpos, P.P.: Mathematical formulation of fuzzy cognitive maps. In: Proceedings of the 7th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED 1999), Haifa, Israel, June 28-30, pp. 2251–2261 (1999)Google Scholar