M3art: A Database of Models of Canvas Paintings
M3art database contains data about colours behaviour in VIS and NIR spectral bands. The database is open, publicly available and should serve as the knowledge base for further study of optical properties of pigments, drawing materials and canvases. The content of database consists of FORS and digital camera data collected in range 400-1050nm. Measurements were made on up to three layer samples composed of canvas, underdrawing and colour layers. The colorants were selected to represent historical painting techniques in Gothic and Renaissance According to underdrawing acquisition ability four material categories were established.
Keywordspigment database FORS underdrawing penetration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Douma, M.: Pigments through the Ages (2008), http://www.webexhibits.org/pigments
- 3.Zhao, Y., Berns, R.S., Taplin, L.A., Coddington, J.: An Investigation of Multispectral Imaging for the Mapping of Pigments in Paintings. In: Computer Image Analysis in the Study of Art, vol. 6810 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Hain, M., Bartl, M., Jacko, V.: Multispectral analysis of cultural heritage artefacts. Measurement Science Review 3(3), 9–12 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Toque, J.A., Sakatoku, Y., Ide-Ektessabi, A.: Pigment identification by analytical imaging using multispectral images. In: 16th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), pp. 2861–2864 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Bartl, M., Jacko, J., Multispectral, V.: analysis of cultural heritage artefacts. Measurement Science Review 3(3), 9–12 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Schlick, C.: An Inexpensive BRDF Model for Physically-based Rendering. Computer Graphics Forum 13(3) (1994)Google Scholar
- 11.OceanOptics. Spectrometer USB 2000+datasheet (2012), http://www.oceanoptics.com/products/usb2000+.asp
- 12.OceanOptics. Lightsources - series HL-2000 datasheet (2012), http://www.oceanoptics.com/products/hl2000.asp
- 13.Blažek, J.: Database of optical properties of paint materials (2014), http://m3art.utia.cas.cz
- 14.Kuneš, M., Blažek, J.: Field of LED in 8x8 matrix, Institute of Information Theory and Automation of the ASCR, Department of Image Processing, Prague, Czech Republic (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Blažek, J., et al.: Low-cost mobile system for multispectral cultural heritage data acquisition. In: Digital Heritage International Congress, Marseille, pp. 73–79 (2013)Google Scholar