Managing Parking Fees Based on Massive Parking Accounting Data
As parking accounting data of automatic payment system is accumulated, a managing parking fees in accordance with characteristics of parking utilization is expected. The purpose of this paper is to analyze the characteristics of parking utilization from a big data and to propose a procedure of parking fee management by developing of a simple simulator from a history of parking utilization. In concrete terms, we classify 1,050 parking lots by cluster analysis and analyze influence of a charge revision on parking time by survival analysis from 22.5 million parking accounting data in the past year. Further, we consider the appropriateness of modified fee by estimating parking time with a hazard-based duration model.
Keywordscharacteristics of parking utilization cluster analysis survival analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xu, R., Wunsch, D.C.: Clustering. Wiley (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Klein, J.P., Melvin, L.M.: Survival Analysis: Techniques for Censored and Truncated Data. Springer (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Kawaura, K.: The Study on Actual State of Parking in Service Area of Expressway (Part 2): Distribution of Parking Durations. Seisan Kenkyu 20(7), 362–364 (1968)Google Scholar
- 7.Christopher, P.W., Harry, G., Robert, A.S.: Dynamic Revenue Management in Airline Alliances 44(1), 15–37 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Emmanuel, D.(M.)H., Suresh, K.N., Michael, P.: Production and Operations Management 19(6), 633–664 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Cenk, K., Kivilcim, D.: An empirical investigation of consumers’ willingness-to-pay and the demand function: The cumulative effect of individual differences in anchored willingness-to-pay responses 25(2), 139–152 (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Hashimoto, S., Kanamori, R., Ito, T.: Auction-based Parking Reservation System with Electricity Trading. In: IEEE International Conference on Business Informatics (CBI), pp. 33–40 (2013)Google Scholar