Fan Search for Image Copy-Move Forgery Detection
Image forgery detection is currently one of the interested research fields of image processing. Copy-Move (CM) forgery is one of the most commonly techniques. In this paper, we propose an efficient methodology for fast CM forgery detection. The proposed method accelerates blocking matching strategy. Firstly, the image is divided into fixed-size overlapping blocks then Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) is applied to each block to represent its features, which are used to indirectly compare the blocks. After sorting the blocks based on DCT coefficients, a distance is measured between nearby blocks to denote their similarity. The proposed Fan Search (FS) algorithm starts once a duplicated block is detected. Instead of exhaustive search for all blocks, the nearby blocks of the detected block are examined first in a spiral order. The experimental results demonstrate that the proposed method can detect the duplicated regions efficiently, and reduce processing time up to 75% less than other previous works.
KeywordsImage tampering Copy-move forgery Image fakery detection Image falsification detection Blind image forensics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Popescu, A.C., Farid, H.: Exposing digital forgeries by detecting duplicated image regions. Dept. Comput. Sci., Dartmouth College, Tech. Rep. TR2004-515 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Lin, H., Wang, C., Kao, Y.: Fast copy-move forgery detection. WSEAS Transactions on Signal Processing 5(5), 188–197 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Tripathi, R.C., Singh, V.K.: Fast and efficient region duplication detection in digital images using sub-blocking method. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology 35, 93–102 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Blelloch, G., Zagha, M.: Radix sort for vector multiprocessors. In: Proceedings of the 1991 ACM/IEEE Conference on Supercomputing, pp. 666–675. ACM (1991)Google Scholar
- 12.Ng, T., Hsu, J., Chang, S.: Columbia Image Splicing Detection Evaluation Dataset, http://www.ee.columbia.edu/ln/dvmm/downloads/AuthSplicedDataSet/AuthSplicedDataSet