Bright Isolated Attosecond Soft X-Ray Pulses
By driving the high harmonic generation process with multi-cycle mid-infrared laser pulses, we demonstrate bright isolated, attosecond soft X-ray pulses for the first time.
KeywordsHigh Harmonic Generation Attosecond Pulse Driving Laser Isolate Attosecond Pulse High Harmonic Generation Spectrum
The authors acknowledge support from the Department of Energy AMOs, by the Taiwan National Science Council and by the US National Science Foundation.
- 1.M-C. Chen, C. Mancuso, C. Hernandez-Garcia et al., “Generation of bright isolated attosecond soft X-ray pulses driven by multicycle midinfrared lasers,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 111, E2361 (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Popmintchev, M-C. Chen, D. Popmintchev et al., “Bright Coherent Ultrahigh Harmonics in the keV X-ray Regime from Mid-Infrared Femtosecond Lasers,” Science 336, 1287–1291 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.M-C. Chen, P. Arpin, T. Popmintchev et al., Bright, Coherent, Ultrafast Soft X-Ray Harmonics Spanning the Water Window from a Tabletop Light Source,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 173901 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Popmintchev, M-C. Chen, A. Bahabad et al., Phase matching of high harmonic generation in the soft and hard X-ray regions of the spectrum,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 106, 10516–10521 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Hernandez-Garcia, JA. Pérez-Hernández, J Ramos et al., High-order harmonic propagation in gases within the discrete dipole approximation,” Phys. Rev. A 82, 033432 (2010).Google Scholar