On Algebraic Properties of Nominative Data and Functions
In the chapter basic properties of nominative data and functions over nominative data (nominative functions) are investigated from the perspective of abstract algebra. A set of all nominative data over arbitrary fixed sets of names and values together with basic operations which include naming, denaming, and overlapping is considered as an algebraic structure and its main properties are studied. Nominative data with complex names satisfy the principle of associative naming and processing. For such data a natural equivalence relation is introduced. Properties of nominative functions (mathematical models of programs over nominative data) and predicates are studied. A notion of nominative stability of nominative functions and predicates is considered. A two-sorted algebra of nominative functions and predicates which generalizes Glushkov algorithmic algebras is introduced and it is proved that the set of nominative stable functions and the set of nominative stable predicates constitute its sub-algebra. The obtained results form a mathematical basis for nominative program logic construction.
KeywordsGlushkos algorithmic algebra Program algebra Nominative data Nominative set Named set Nominative function
- 2.Nikitchenko, N.S.: A composition-nominative approach to program semantics. Technical report, IT-TR 1998–020, Technical University of Denmark (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Nikitchenko, M., Ivanov, I.: Programming with nominative data. In: Proceedings of CSE’2010 International Scientific Conference on Computer Science and Engineering, Kosice, Slovakia, 20–22 September 2010, pp. 30–39 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Nikitchenko, M., Ivanov, I.: Composition-nominative languages of programs with associative denaming. Visnyk (Bulletin) of the Lviv University Ser. Appl. Math. Inform. 16, 124–139 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Hoare, C.: An axiomatic basis for computer programming. Commun. ACM 576–580, 583 (1969)Google Scholar
- 10.Skobelev, V.: Local algorithms on graphs. Publishing house of Institute of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics of NAS of Ukraine (in Russian) (2003)Google Scholar