Development of Traffic Simulator Based on Stochastic Cell Transmission Model for Urban Network
This study proposes the modified stochastic cell transmission model (M-SCTM), which can be used to apply the conventional SCTM to urban networks. Although SCTM can represent an uncertainty of traffic state and changing travel demand or supply conditions, it has been applied to a freeway or a simple network that has only one origin-destination pair. In M-SCTM, we introduce vehicle agents and their route choice behavior on an urban network for application to more complex urban networks. From the results of an empirical study, we confirm the reproducibility of traffic volume and travel time that are calculated by M-SCTM.
KeywordsTraffic simulation stochastic cell transmission model urban network route search
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Chen, B., Cheng, H.H.: A review of the applications of agent technology in traffic and transportation systems. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 485–497 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Muñoz, L., Sun, X., Horowitz, R., Alvarez, L.: Traffic Density Estimation with the cell transmission model. In: Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Denver, Colorado, USA, pp. 3750–3755 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Sun, X., Muñoz, L., Horowitz, R.: Highway Traffic State Estimation Using Improved Mixture Kalman Filters for Effective Ramp Metering Control. In: 42th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, vol. 6, pp. 6333–6338 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhong, R., Sumalee, A., Pan, T., Lam, W.: Stochastic cell transmission model for traffic network with demand and supply uncertainties. In: Transportmetrica A: Transport Science, P567–P602 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Greenshields, B.D.: A study of traffic capacity. Highway Research Board 14, 448–477 (1935)Google Scholar
- 9.Traffic Simulation Clearinghouse.: Public Website for Verification Data in Traffic Simulation Clearinghouse, http://www.i-transportlab.jp/bmdata/KichijojiBM/ave-dataset/ave-index.html
- 10.Fransson, M., Sandin, M.: Framework for Calibration of a Traffic State Space Model. In: Master of Science in Communication and Transport Engineering, P42–P48 (2012)Google Scholar