User Interface Design for Test and Diagnosis Software in Automotive Production Environments
In this paper, we present a first approach to a new test and diagnosis user interface (TDUI) as an application scenario for ambient intelligent systems in production environments, which represents one specific domain for urban areas. This method is based on a first evaluation study in 2012, identifying relevant requirements for the development of such TDUIs. It is planned to be implemented based on a formally defined Interaction Logic Layer (ILL), which connects the physical user interface layout with the test system. It allows the user to easily control and adapt the test and diagnosis application, to display and convey information characterizing the process state. Finally, this approach makes the TDUI implementation highly flexible and adaptive regarding the individual user and the requirements of the production environment.
KeywordsProduction Environment Interaction Logic Automotive Company Startup Software Electronic Control Device
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Borisov, N., Kluge, A., Luther, W., Weyers, B.: Integrated production workers into user Interface Design for Diagnosis Devices in Automotive Production Environments: Field experiences and lessons learned. In: Stephanidis, C. (ed.) Poster, Part II, HCII 2013. CCIS, vol. 374, pp. 469–473. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Schwarz, F.: Entwicklung und Einsatz innovativer HMI-Software zur Diagnose elektronischer Steuergeräte in der Automobilindustrie, PhD Dissertation U Passau (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Galliers, J., Minocha, S., Sutcliffe, A.G.: A Causal Model of Human Error for Safety Critical User Interface Design. In: Special Issue on Interface Issues and Designs for Safety-Critical Interactive Systems of the ACM Transactions on Computer-Human InteractionGoogle Scholar
- 4.Ballagas, R., Rohs, M., Sheridan, J., Borchers, J.: The Design Space of Ubiquitous Mobile Input. In: Lumsden, J. (ed.) Handbook of Research on User Interface Design and Evaluation for Mobile Technologies. IGI Global, Hershey (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Weyers, B.: Reconfiguration of User Interface Models for Monitoring and Control of Human-Computer Systems. PhD Dissertation, University of Duisburg-Essen, 2011, Dr. Hut Verlag (2012)Google Scholar