A Fuzzy VSM-Based Approach for Semantic Service Retrieval
A vast number of business services have been published on the Web in an attempt to achieve cost reductions and satisfy user demand. Service retrieval consequently plays an important role, but unfortunately existing research focuses on crisp service retrieval techniques which are unsuitable for vague real world information. In this paper, we propose a new fuzzy service retrieval approach which consists of two modules: service annotation and service retrieval. Related service concepts for a given query are semantically retrieved, following which services that are annotated to those concepts are retrieved. The degree of retrieval of the retrieval module and the similarity between a service, a concept, and a query are fuzzy. Our experiment shows that the proposed approach performs better than a non-fuzzy approach on Recall measure.
KeywordsFuzzy Service Retrieval Semantic Service Annotation Semantic Service Retrieval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stavropoulos, T.G., Vrakas, D., Vlahavas, I.: Iridescent: A tool for rapid semantic annotation of web service descriptions. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics, Madrid, Spain, pp. 1–9. ACM (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Scicluna, J., Blank, C., Steinmetz, N., Simperl, E.: Crowd Sourcing Web Service Annotations. In: 2012 AAAI Spring Symposium Series (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Hui, W., Zhiyong, F., Shizhan, C., Jinna, X., Yang, S.: Constructing Service Network via Classification and Annotation. In: 2010 Fifth IEEE International Symposium on Service Oriented System Engineering (SOSE), pp. 69–73 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Bo, J., Zhiyuan, L.: A New Algorithm for Semantic Web Service Matching. Journal of Software (1796217X) 8, 351–356 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhai, J., Cao, Y., Chen, Y.: Semantic information retrieval based on fuzzy ontology for intelligent transportation systems. In: IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, SMC 2008, pp. 2321–2326. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.de Castilho, R.E., Gurevych, I.: Semantic Service Retrieval Based on Natural Language Querying and Semantic Similarity. In: ICSC, pp. 173–176 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Madkour, M., Maach, A., Driss, E., Hasbi, A.: Fuzzy-based approach for context-aware service retrieval. In: 2012 Second International Conference on Innovative Computing Technology (INTECH), pp. 396–401 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhao, W., Peng, L., Zhang, J., Tian, C.: A fuzzy service matching algorithm based on Bloom filter. In: 2012 IEEE 14th International Conference on Communication Technology (ICCT), pp. 945–950. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Baeza-Yates, R., Ribeiro-Neto, B.: Modern Information Retrieval. Addison-Wesley Longman, Boston (1999)Google Scholar