Modeling and Application of Principal Component Analysis in Industrial Boiler
An identification model based on principal component analysis which can reflect thermal efficiency is proposed, in order to improve the operation efficiency of boiler. It can monitor the thermal efficiency online and estimate the key influential parameters. The monotonic relationship between thermal efficiency and SPE statistic is verified by large numbers of historical data. When the boiler’s operation efficiency decreases, the influential parameters can be directly got by contribution plot method, which guide operators in real-time to adjust these and maintain boiler efficient operation. The practice shows that this method is feasible.
KeywordsIndustrial boiler Principal component analysis Operation optimization Parameters adjusted
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xia, H.Y.: The Study of Determining the Optimal Target Value of Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Operation Parameter. Shanxi University, Shanxi (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Shah, S., Adhyaru, D.M.: Boiler Efficiency Analysis using Direct Method. In: International Conference on Current Trends in Technology, pp. 1–5. IEEE Press, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, H.: Understanding Data Driven Control for Industrial Processes. Control Engineering of China 20(3), 197–200 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, Q., Chai, T.Y., Qin, S.J., Zhao, L.J.: Progress of Data-driven and Knowledge-driven Process Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis for Industry Process. Control and Decision 25(6), 801–807, 813 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Hou, R.R., Wang, H.G., Xiao, Y.C., Xu, W.L.: Incremental PCA based Online Model Updating for Multivariate Process Monitoring. In: Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, pp. 3422–3427. IEEE Press, Beijing (2012)Google Scholar