Seismic Qualification of Telecommunication System in Nuclear Power Plant
To guarantee the effective communications under earthquake and enhance the utility of communication system in nuclear power plants, it is proposed to do seismic qualification test for all telecommunication system in nuclear power plant. In this paper, a principle include object, scope method and setup of the qualification is provided. It is found that if telecommunication equipments pass such qualification test, the availability of communication system and the safe operation of nuclear power plant can be guaranteed when earthquake occur.
KeywordsNuclear power plant seismic qualification earthquake telecommunication system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hargreaves, S.: Half of U.S. nuclear reactors over 30 years old (N/OL). CNN Money (March 15, 2011), http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/15/news/economy/nuclear_plants_us/index.htm
- 2.Andrews, A., Folger, P.: Nuclear power plant design and seismic safety. Considerations, Congressional Research Service Report for Congress. R41805 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Cornell, C.A.: Engineering seismic risk analysis. Bulletin of Seismic Society of America 58, 1583–1606 (1968)Google Scholar
- 4.KTA 2201.4 Design of Nuclear Power Plants against Seismic EventsGoogle Scholar
- 5.CRT91C 11200 Seismic resistance of equipment Generic provisions for time history-based biaxial testGoogle Scholar
- 6.McGuire, R.K.: Fortran computer program for seismic risk analysis. U. S. Geological Survey, Open File Report, 67–76 (1976)Google Scholar
- 7.STUK – Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority. Maanjaristysten huomioon ottaminen ydinvoimalaitoksissa. OHJE YVL 2.6/19 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Gasparini, D., Vanmarkcke, E.: Simulated earthquake motions compatible with prescribed response spectra. MIT Department of Civil Engineering Research Report (1976)Google Scholar
- 9.Safety Guide on Earthquakes and Associated Topics in Relation to NPP Siting, HAF0101. Approved jointly by NNSB and SSB. A collection of safety guides for NPP, NNSB (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.ASCE STANDARD 4-86. Seismic analysis of safety-related nuclear structures and commentary on standard for seismic analysis of safety related nuclear structures (1996)Google Scholar
- 11.U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Regulatory Guide 1.60. Design response spectra for seismic design of nuclear power plants. Version 1 (1973)Google Scholar