A New Bio-inspired Algorithm: Chicken Swarm Optimization
A new bio-inspired algorithm, Chicken Swarm Optimization (CSO), is proposed for optimization applications. Mimicking the hierarchal order in the chicken swarm and the behaviors of the chicken swarm, including roosters, hens and chicks, CSO can efficiently extract the chickens’ swarm intelligence to optimize problems. Experiments on twelve benchmark problems and a speed reducer design were conducted to compare the performance of CSO with that of other algorithms. The results show that CSO can achieve good optimization results in terms of both optimization accuracy and robustness. Future researches about CSO are finally suggested.
KeywordsHierarchal order Chickens’ behaviors Swarm intelligence Chicken Swarm Optimization Optimization applications
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Smith, C.L., Zielinski, S.L.: The Startling Intelligence of the Common Chicken. Scientific American 310(2) (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Grillo, R.: Chicken Behavior: An Overview of Recent Science, http://freefromharm.org/chicken-behavior-an-overview-of-recent-science
- 8.Chicken, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken
- 9.Tan, Y., Li, J.Z., Zheng, Z.Y.: ICSI, Competition on Single Objective Optimization (2014), http://www.ic-si.org/competition/ICSI.pdf
- 10.Yang, X.S.: Nature-inspired optimization algorithm. Elsevier (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Mezura, M.E., Hernandez, O.B.: Modified bacterial foraging optimization for engineering design. In: Proceedings of the Artificial Neural Networks in Engineering Conference, vol. 19, pp. 357–364. Intelligent Engineering Systems Through Artificial Neural Networks (2009)Google Scholar