Common Neighbor Query-Friendly Triangulation-Based Large-Scale Graph Compression
Large-scale graphs appear in many web applications, and are inevitable in web data management and mining. A lossless compression method for large-scale graphs, named as bound-triangulation, is introduced in this paper. It differs itself from other graph compression methods in that: 1) it can achieve both good compression ratio and low compression time. 2) The compression ratio can be controlled by users, so that compression ratio and processing performance can be balanced. 3) It supports efficient common neighbor query processing over compressed graphs. Thus, it can support a wide range of graph processing tasks. Empirical study over two real-life large-scale social networks, which different underlying data distributions, show the superior of the proposed method over other existing graph compression methods.
KeywordsGraph compression social graph triangle listing common neighbor query
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adler, M., Mitzenmacher, M.: Towards compressing web graphs. In: Proceedings of the Data Compression Conference, DCC 2001, pp. 203–212. IEEE (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Blandford, D., Blelloch, G.E.: Index compression through document reordering. In: Proceedings of the Data Compression Conference, DCC 2002, pp. 342–351. IEEE (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Boldi, P., Vigna, S.: The webgraph framework i: compression techniques. In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on World Wide Web, pp. 595–602. ACM (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Buehrer, G., Chellapilla, K.: A scalable pattern mining approach to web graph compression with communities. In: Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, pp. 95–106. ACM (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Cui, H.: Link prediction on evolving data using tensor-based common neighbor. In: 2012 Fifth International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design (ISCID), vol. 2, pp. 343–346. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Gilbert, A.C., Levchenko, K.: Compressing network graphs. In: Proceedings of the LinkKDD Workshop at the 10th ACM Conference on KDD (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Kang, U., Faloutsos, C.: Beyond’caveman communities’: Hubs and spokes for graph compression and mining. In: 2011 IEEE 11th International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), pp. 300–309. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar