A Distributed System for Smart Energy Negotiation
Distributed energy production by Solar Panels is really wide-spread today. However the mismatch between production and consumption during the day, and expensiveness of energy storages, limits an high rate of self-consumption. In fact the overall overproduction is currently reversed into the power grid and delivered to the energy provider. In this context the CoSSMic project aims at developing a distributed software architecture that allows for the collaboration among neighbors, both to schedule the consumptions and the exchange of energy, in order to maximize the self-consumption of micro grids. This paper focus on the architecture design, scouting of technology and preliminary demonstrator.
KeywordsMulti-Agent Systems Smart Grid Smart Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amato, A., Aversa, R., Di Martino, B., Scialdone, M., Venticinque, S., Hallsteinsen, S., Horn, G.: Software agents for collaborating smart solar-powered micro-grids. In: Caporarello, L., Di Martino, B., Martinez, M. (eds.) Smart Organizations and Smart Artifacts. Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organisation, vol. 7, pp. 125–133. Springer International Publishing (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Amato, A., Di Martino, B., Scialdone, M., Venticinque, S.: An agent-based approach for smart energy grids. In: 6th Int. Conf. on Agents & Artificial Intelligence (ICAART 2014), vol. 2, pp. 164–171. SciTePress, Angers (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Amato, A., Liccardo, L., Rak, M., Venticinque, S.: SLA negotiation and brokering for sky computing. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science, CLOSER 2012, pp. 611–620. SciTePress, Science and Technology Publications, PRT (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Bruinenberg, J., Colton, L., et al.: Smart grid coordination group technical report reference architecture for the smart grid version 1.0 (draft) 2012-03-02. Tech. rep. (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Department of Energy: 2030: A National Vision for Electricity’s Second 100 Years (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Di Martino, B., Venticinque, S., Aversa, R.: Distributed agents network for ubiquitous monitoring and services exploitation. In: 7th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC 2009), vol. 1, pp. 197–204. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC (2009), http://dx.medra.org/10.1109/CSE.2009.122 Google Scholar
- 8.Esposito, C., Ficco, M., Palmieri, F., Castiglione, A.: A knowledge-based platform for big data analytics based on publish/subscribe services and stream processing. Knowledge-Based Systems (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Hughes, J.: Intelligrid architecture concepts and iec61850. In: 2005/2006 IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exhibition, pp. 401–404 (May 2006)Google Scholar