InterCriteria Decision Making Approach to EU Member States Competitiveness Analysis: Trend Analysis
- 1.2k Downloads
In this paper, we continue our investigations of the newly developed InterCriteria Decision Making (ICDM) approach with considerations about the more appropriate choice of the employed intuitionistic fuzzy threshold values. In theoretical aspect, our aim is to identify the relations between the thresholds of inclusion of new elements to the set of strictly correlating criteria and the numbers of correlating pairs of criteria thus formed. We illustrate the findings with data extracted from the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Reports for the years 2008–2009 to 2013–2014 for the current 28 Member States of the European Union. The study of the findings from the considered six-year period involves trend analysis and computation of two approximating functions: a linear function and a polynomial function of 6th order. The per-year trend analysis of each of the 12 criteria, called ‘pillars of competitiveness’ in the WEF’s GCR methodology, gives an opportunity to prognosticate their values for the forthcoming year 2014–2015.
KeywordsGlobal Competitiveness Index InterCriteria decision making Intuitionistic fuzzy sets Multicriteria decision making Trend analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Atanassov, K.: Generalized Nets. World Scientific, Singapore (1991)Google Scholar
- 3.Atanassov, K.: Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets: Theory and Applications. Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Atanassov, K.: On Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets Theory. Springer, Berlin (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Atanassov, K., Mavrov, D., Atanassova, V.: InterCriteria decision making. A new approach for multicriteria decision making, based on index matrices and intuitionistic fuzzy sets. In: Proc. of 12th International Workshop on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets and Generalized Nets, Warsaw, Poland (October 11, 2013) (in Press)Google Scholar
- 6.Atanassova, V., Mavrov, D., Doukovska, L., Atanassov, K.: Discussion on the threshold values in the InterCriteria Decision Making Approach. Notes on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets 20(2), 94–99 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Atanassova, V., Doukovska, L., Atanassov, K., Mavrov, D.: InterCriteria Decision Making Approach to EU Member States Competitiveness Analysis. In: Proc. of 4th Int. Symp. on Business Modelling and Software Design, Luxembourg, June 24-26 (in press, 2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Atanassova, V., Doukovska, L., Atanassov, K., Mavrov, D.: InterCriteria Decision Making Approach to EU Member States Competitiveness Analysis: Temporal and Threshold Analysis. In: 7th Int. IEEE Conf. on Intelligent Systems, Warsaw, September 24-26 (submitted, 2014)Google Scholar
- 9.World Economic Forum (2008-2013). The Global Competitiveness Reports, http://www.weforum.org/issues/global-competitiveness