Monitoring of Quality of Service in Dynamically Adaptive Systems
Dynamic reconfiguration has been widely recognized as an effective approach to deal with the increasing complexity of dynamically adaptive systems. One of the main challenges in such systems is to provide guarantees about the required runtime quality of service (QoS) attributes, such as performance, reliability, etc. Therefore, it is of paramount importance to make these systems able to monitor the QoS parameters that allow to evaluate such QoS attributes, analyze these parameters in order to detect QoS changes and therefore trigger reconfiguration actions. In this paper, we propose an approach that allows monitoring the QoS parameters of a dynamically adaptive system in order to detect QoS degradation. The proposed approach is based on the Aspect-Oriented Software Development (AOSD) paradigm which allows to keep the monitoring code separated from the business logic code.
KeywordsSensor Node Adaptive System Output Port Composite Component Computation Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Loukil, S., Kallel, S., Jmaiel, M.: Verifying runtime architectural reconfiguration of dynamically adaptive systems, pp. 169–176 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.SAE: Architecture Analysis & Design Language (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Loukil, S., Kallel, S., Zalila, B., Jmaiel, M.: Toward an Aspect Oriented ADL for Embedded Systems. In: Babar, M.A., Gorton, I. (eds.) ECSA 2010. LNCS, vol. 6285, pp. 489–492. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Organization, I.: ISO/IEC 9126: Information Technology - Software Product Evaluation - Quality Characteristics and Guidelines for Their Use (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.Hughes, D., Greenwood, P., Coulson, G., Blair, G.: Gridstix: Supporting flood prediction using embedded hardware and next generation grid middleware. In: Proceedings of the 2006 International Symposium on World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, pp. 621–626 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Rosenberg, F., Platzer, C., Dustdar, S.: Bootstrapping performance and dependability attributes of web services. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2006), pp. 205–212 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Mdhaffar, A., Halima, R.B., Juhnke, E., Jmaiel, M., Freisleben, B.: Aop4csm: An aspect-oriented programming approach for cloud service monitoring. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, pp. 363–370 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, L.: Aspect-oriented qos modeling for cyber-physical systems. Journal of Software 7, 1083–1093 (2012)Google Scholar