Event Detection from Social Data Stream Based on Time-Frequency Analysis
Social data have been emerged as a special big data resource of rich information, which is raw materials for diverse research to analyse a complex relationship network of users and huge amount of daily exchanged data packages on Social Network Services (SNS). The popularity of current SNS in human life opens a good challenge to discover meaningful knowledge from senseless data patterns. It is an important task in academic and business fields to understand user’s behaviour, hobbies and viewpoints, but difficult research issue especially on a large volume of data. In this paper, we propose a method to extract real-world events from Social Data Stream using an approach in time-frequency domain to take advantage of digital processing methods. Consequently, this work is expected to significantly reduce the complexity of the social data and to improve the performance of event detection on big data resource.
KeywordsSocial Network Analysis Event Detection Big data Data Transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aggarwal, C.C., Subbian, K.: Event detection in social streams. In: Proceedings of the Twelfth SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 624–635 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Allan, J.: Introduction to topic detection and tracking. In: Allan, J. (ed.) Topic Detection and Tracking. The Information Retrieval Series, vol. 12, pp. 1–16. Springer, US (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.He, Q., Chang, K., Lim, E.-P.: Analyzing feature trajectories for event detection. In: Proceedings of the 30th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, SIGIR 2007, pp. 207–214. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Manning, C.D., Raghavan, P., Schütze, H.: Introduction to Information Retrieval. Cambridge University Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Proakis, J.G., Manolakis, D.K.: Digital Signal Processing: Principles, Algorithms and Applications, 4th edn. Prentice Hall (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Weng, J., Lee, B.-S.: Event detection in twitter. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, ICWSM 2011, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. The AAAI Press (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou, X., Chen, L.: Event detection over twitter social media streams. The VLDB Journal 1–20 (2013)Google Scholar