Infrastructure Deployment and Dimensioning of Relayed-Based Heterogeneous Wireless Access Networks for Green Intelligent Transportation
Relayed-based Heterogeneous Wireless Access Networks (RHWAN) is envisioned as the promising network architecture for the future Intelligent Transportation (IT) network infrastructure. It is proposed to provide a candidate infrastructure solution for operators to construct intelligent transportation networks in a cost-effective manner. In this paper, we focus on the Infrastructure Deployment and Dimensioning (IDD) problem under the RHWAN architecture. The IDD problem is formulated as a generic integer linear programming (ILP) model which can optimally: (i) minimize the network deploying cost, (ii) identify the locations of BSs, (iii) identify the association relations between RSs and MBSs, (iv) satisfy the mobile coverage requirements so as to allow the mobile IT user access through BSs. We solve the model using Gurobi, which is the newest ILP solver by now. A series of case studies are conducted to validate the optimization framework and demonstrate the solvability and scalability of the ILP model. Computational results show the significant performance benefits of CoMP in RHWAN in terms of lower cost, larger capacity and higher reliability.
KeywordsHeterogeneous Deployment Optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.LTE Advanced: Heterogeneous networks. Qualcomm Inc. White Paper (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhao, W., Wang, S.: Cell planning for heterogeneous cellular networks. In: 2013 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), pp. 1032–1037 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Lin, B., Lin, L.: Site Planning of Relay Station in Green Wireless Access Networks: A Genetic Algorithm Approach. In: Soft Computing and Pattern Recognition (SoCPaR), Dalian, China, pp. 167–172 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Lin, B., Ho, P.H., Xie, L., Shen, X., Tapolcai, J.: Optimal Relay Station Placement in Broadband Wireless Access Networks. IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing 9(2) (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Lin, L., Lin, B., Ho, P.H.: Power-aware optimization modeling for cost-effective LRPON infrastructure deployment. In: 21st International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM), pp. 1–5 (2013)Google Scholar