Collaborative Web Platform for UNIX-Based Big Data Processing
UNIX-based operative systems were always empowered by scriptable shell interfaces, with a core set of powerful tools to perform manipulation over files and data streams. However those tools can be difficult to manage at the hands of a non-expert programmer.
This paper proposes the creation of a Collaborative Web Platform to easily create workflows using common UNIX command line tools for processing Big Data through a collaborative web GUI.
KeywordsBig Data UNIX Shell End-User Programming Cooperative Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Big data and the creative destruction of today’s business models, strategic it article, a.t. KearneyGoogle Scholar
- 2.Big Data Meets Big Data Analytics, SAS White Paper (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Robbins, K.A., Robbins, S.: Practical UNIX Programming: A Guide to Concurrency, Communication, and Multithreading. Prentice-Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Bourne, S.R.: An introduction to the UNIX shell. Bell Laboratories (1978)Google Scholar
- 5.Bartenstein, T.W., Liu, Y.D.: Green streams for data-intensive software. In: 2013 35th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), pp. 532–541. IEEE Press (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Scheibler, T., Leymann, F., Roller, D.: Executing pipes-and-filters with workflows. In: 2010 Fifth International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services (ICIW), pp. 143–148 (May 2010)Google Scholar
- 8.LXC - Linux Containers, https://linuxcontainers.org (accessed April 18, 2014)
- 9.Homepage - Docker: the Linux container engine, https://www.docker.io (accessed April 19, 2014)