Integration of Industrial Control with Analytical Expert Measurements for Cooperative Operations
The paper proposes a framework for incorporating results of the analytical and laboratory measurements directly into the process control system. It is based on an object-oriented framework for cooperative testing of control algorithms implemented for experimental pilot-plants. It enables modification of the control algorithm structure without rewriting the main software component executed on the programmable automation controller (PAC). In this paper the framework is expanded to enable access to web-based services for the purpose of incorporating the results of advanced off-line measurements directly in the process control system.
Keywordsprocess control control systems engineering cloud computing web services biotechnology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sharma, K.L.S.: Overview of Industrial Process Automation. Elsevier (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Handbook of Automation. Ed. Nof. Springer Dordrecht Heidelberg London New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Metzger, M.: Fast-mode real-time simulator for the wastewater treatment process. Water Science and Technology 30, 191–197 (1994)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhu, G., Peng, Y., Li, B., Guo, J., Yang, Q., Wang, S.: Biological removal of nitrogen from wastewater. Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 192, 159–195 (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Skupin, P.: Simulation approach for detection of the self-sustained oscillations in continuous culture. In: Proceedings of the 11th WSEAS International Conference on Mathematics and Computers in Biology and Chemistry, pp. 80–85 (2010)Google Scholar