Distributed Optimal Control Problems Governed by Coupled Convection Dominated PDEs with Control Constraints
We study the numerical solution of control constrained optimal control problems governed by a system of convection diffusion equations with nonlinear reaction terms, arising from chemical processes. Control constraints are handled by using the primal-dual active set algorithm as a semi-smooth Newton method or by adding a Moreau-Yosida-type penalty function to the cost functional. An adaptive mesh refinement indicated by a posteriori error estimates is applied for both approaches.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.R. Griesse, Parametric sensivity analysis for control-constrained optimal control problems governed by parabolic partial differential equations, Ph.D. thesis, Institut für Mathematik, Universität Bayreuth, 2003Google Scholar
- 9.H. Yücel, P. Benner, Adaptive discontinuous Galerkin methods for state constrained optimal control problems governed by convection diffusion equations. Comput. Optim. Appl., (to appear)Google Scholar
- 11.H. Yücel, M. Heinkenschloss, B. Karasözen, An adaptive discontinuous Galerkin method for convection dominated distributed optimal control problems, Technical report, Department of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University, Houston, 2012Google Scholar
- 12.H. Yücel, M. Heinkenschloss, B. Karasözen, Distributed optimal control of diffusion-convection-reaction equations using discontinuous Galerkin methods, in Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications 2011 (Springer, Heidelberg, 2013), pp. 389–397Google Scholar
- 13.H. Yücel, M. Stoll, P. Benner, A discontinous Galerkin method for optimal control problems governed by a system of convection-diffusion PDEs with nonlinear reaction terms. MPI Magdeburg Preprint MPIMD/13-10 (2013)Google Scholar