An Interoperable Testing Environment for ERTMS/ETCS Control Systems
Verification of functional requirements of critical control systems requires a hard testing activity regulated by international standards. As testing often forms more than fifty percent of the total development cost, to support the verification processes by automated solutions is a key factor for achieving lower effort and costs and reducing time to market. The ultimate goal of the ongoing work here described is the development of an interoperable testing environment supporting the system level testing of railway ERTMS/ETCS control systems. The testing environment will provide a standardized interface to enable the integration testing between sub-systems developed by different companies/suppliers. We present the first outcomes obtained within the ARTEMIS project CRYSTAL which tackles the challenge to establish and push forward an Interoperability Specification (IOS) as an open European standard for the development of safety-critical embedded systems.
KeywordsFunctional Testing Railway Control System Model-Based System Testing Model Driven Engineering Test Case Generation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CESAR: Cost-Efficient methods and proceses for SAfety Relevant embedded systems, http://www.cesarproject.eu/
- 2.CRYSTAL: CRitical sYSTem engineering AcceLeration, http://www.crystal-artemis.eu/
- 3.iFEST: industrial Framework for Embedded Systems Tools, http://www.artemis-ifest.eu/
- 4.MBAT: Combined Model-based Analysis and Testing of Embedded Systems, http://www.mbat-artemis.eu/
- 6.CENELEC. Cenelec, en 50128: Railway applications - communication, signalling and processing systems - software for railway control and protection systems (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.CENELEC. Cenelec, en 50126: Railway applications - demonstration of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (rams) - part 1: Generic rams process (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Holzmann, G.: Spin Model Checker, the: Primer and Reference Manual, 1st edn. Addison-Wesley Professional (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Marrone, S., Flammini, F., Mazzocca, N., Nardone, R., Vittorini, V.: Towards model-driven v&v assessment of railway control systems. International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer, 1–15 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Pflügl, H., El-Salloum, C., Kundner, I.: CRYSTAL, CRitical sYSTem engineering AcceLeration, a Truly European Dimension. ARTEMIS Magazine 14, 12–15 (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.UIC. ERTMS/ETCS class1 system requirements specification, ref. SUBSET-026, issue 2.2.2 (2002)Google Scholar